They say cravings come from some nutrients your body is missing. Maybe that’s true. I hear people say they crave pie, bread and pasta. Are those missing nutrients? I’m not sure but craving, the STRONG DESIRE TO HAVE, that’s textbook and there are certain cravings I have to satisfy; chocolate, peanut butter, onions, mushrooms and parmesan. Some would say I have a very savory palate. I would agree.
Today wasn’t any different. I had an intense craving for onions, crunchy and lemony juiciness like you’d find in ceviche. All the makings of a good buljol…yummerz. I’m home already so I have none of the ingredients for either. I do have a bit of leftover crab meat from quiche I made earlier in the week and a small container of pico(HAPPY DANCE).
Instantly I recalled being at Cala in San Francisco and having kampachi ceviche and the crab tostadas and the trout tostadas….yes please. The flavors, smells, tastes and the freshness. I just wanted to relive that moment, or as close as possible.
I used every spice and herb I could to make sure it satisfied my craving.
~My Quick Crab PicMeUp~
- 8oz lump crab
- 10oz container of pico de gallo(onion, tomato, jalapeno)
- cilantro(not a fan I seasoned with coriander instead)
- lime juice
- salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin
Key is to let it chill overnight. You can add a little cream(mayo/sour cream) to change the body a bit.
- Enjoy on top of a tostada or stuff in an avocado half
- You can make your own pico. Make sure your ingredients are fresh.
- The use of fresh parsley along with coriander in place of cilantro
- If you decided to use cream in this pico, season it before adding…i.e. coriander, cumin and chili powder
- Add some mango to lift the sweetness and add to the juiciness.