Love jams, jellies and honey. Woke up this morning wanting avocado toast with jam. I had some turkey figs that started sweetening on their own. They were left over from a fruit platter I made earlier in the week. Waste not, want not…absolutely.
Quick! Easy! Yummi!
- Take one pound of figs, any color I used the brown turkey figs because it’s what I had.
- Add a half cup of sugar. You could use more but my figs started secreting a bit so I didn’t use a lot.
- Put the figs and sugar in a nonstick pot.
- Let the sugar dissolve and the figs become juicy.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and 1/4c of lemon juice.
- When that comes to a boil, reduce the heat and add a sprig of rosemary(press the rosemary to release the oils)
- As the liquid thickens remove the rosemary
The house is now fragrant and warm. While the jam is simmering and coming together grab two mason jars or a medium sized ramekin(if you’re going to enjoy it sooner). Pour the figs into the mason jar and put the lid on. It’s still hot so it’ll continue to soften while in the jar.
Grab some toast, cheese or whatever and slather it on!!